Saturday, January 29, 2022

Continuing My Research

 Hello everybody!

This week has been quite a long week, and I was not able to get too much done which was the trouble with this week. So much personally going on that I will need to catch up for our next Genius Hour. However, I have decided that through the research so far - I am not in the right spot to be writing a book and so I have decided on using a space that my boyfriend can provide for me once a week to begin writing my book. 

Given everything I have been through in the last year with losing my sister, I have decided I will be trying to write a somewhat original (because that is the whole idea that I am not writing something everyone has read before) family story. I'm not sure if it will involve the death of my sister, perhaps about navigating life without someone you never thought you'd lose. This is where I am at right now - or I will not be writing about my sister and the hardships at all and try to come up with an original love story. I think I will be going with the first one because I can speak more personally to it, and feel as though the words and the story will come more clearly to me once I begin writing. 

My biggest question right now is as someone who has been a reader her whole life, but took somewhat of a 'break' the last couple years, how do I know if what I am writing about actually hasn't been done before? It's unlikely that it hasn't given we are in 2022 and there are a vast majority of novel's out there I could never possibly examine them all, but if my goal is to write an original story - where do I get the proof it is original? This is going to be the question that guides my research this week and by next week I will have completed my research, have a story plot/theme decided on and hopefully have begun writing the first chapter. I apologize for being so behind, I have a few more notes on the concept of writing a book but it was a tough week overall and as mentioned last week, my mental has to be in the right space in order to really commit to this and that is what I am working on now. 

Until next week, thanks guys and keep reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The... End?

 Well, this seems to be the end of the road.. at least in terms of my Genius Hour thus far.  It was definitely not easy, and I've never ...