Friday, January 7, 2022

First Blog Post!

 Hello Everyone, 

My name is Katie and I am here to explain that I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do for my project in this class. I have numerous different passions, but the main ones focus around history and reading (which I tie into English) and so I think it would be fun to come up with something like that for my genius hour. I have to be honest though, my anxiety is through the roof thinking about how open nature this course looks like it is going to be and how much free range I have with these projects. I think maybe this is why it took so long to implement ideas like this into the classroom, because of people like me. Even when I was in high school if I was given the option to do anything else besides a written essay, I didn't do it. I enjoy my safety nets and being told what I am supposed to do and how I am supposed to do it for the way my teachers and professors expect it, so this concept and class is throwing me for a loop right now. I plan on getting through it though (obviously) by creating checklists with specific expectations for what my learning should look like and how I should be getting there throughout the semester until I reach my final product. 

Anyway's this is how I am feeling so far, hopefully the rest of the semester goes well! 


UPDATE 01/14/21: 
Hello again, I also did not realize I was supposed to even put what I was originally thinking about for the genius hour blog because apparently I am unaware of what's going on around me. Anyway, I have recently rekindled my love for reading for pleasure and so I started thinking about how I, a person with no creative writing background or know anything about writing a book, could write an original book. I am incredibly excited to see where this project takes me, whether it just be finding out more about what goes into creating a novel or if I end up starting to write a book or short story so be sure to stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The... End?

 Well, this seems to be the end of the road.. at least in terms of my Genius Hour thus far.  It was definitely not easy, and I've never ...